Why study in Hungary?
Hungary is becoming an increasingly popular study abroad destination. Hungarian higher education has gained great credibility over the years in, among other things, it’s very strong tradition in the sciences. Beyond high-quality education, Hungary also offers a lively and welcoming culture, a fascinating history and beautiful cities. For the past twenty years, over 10,000 international students have attended education in Hungary. Hungary is especially popular for studies in the sciences – particularly in such fields as medicine, dentistry and veterinary medicine, to name a few. These are all programs with very competitive admission in many Countries-Hungary offers an accessible alternative. Hungary’s high-quality medical degrees are accepted by the World Health Organization and are directly transferable to any EU country. Schools in Hungary are increasingly offering medical degrees in both English and other foreign languages such as German in order to attract more foreign students. Some of the top countries from which international students come to study in Hungary are Germany, Israel, Norway, Iran, China and Canada.
Higher education in Hungary
Higher education is roughly split into a system of colleges and universities in Hungary. Many colleges are directly affiliated with a university and operate as college faculties of the university. Universities in Hungary generally award both college- and university-level courses. In the old system, college-level training lasts three to four years, whereas a university degree takes at least four years to complete, and can be up to six years with medical programs. Further, studies at universities in Hungary were split into three stages roughly corresponding to the bachelor, master and PhD courses, but with longer study periods. Starting in 2005 and 2006, schools in Hungary started the transformation toward the regulations of the Bologna Process. In this new system, both colleges and universities in Hungary may launch bachelor, master and PhD programs provided that the necessary requirements are fulfilled. This also means that all awarded degrees are equivalent and transferable throughout the EU and many other countries.
Advantages of studying in Hungary
- Hungary is one of the best places to study, being that the country is a member of the European Union and also a Schengen State.
- The tuition fee in Hungary are relatively affordable, compared to most other parts of Europe. Also, living costs are relatively low compared to the rest of Europe.
- You can study in quite a number of Universities in Hungary in English Medium. Courses are taken 100% in English medium but students will still have to learn the Hungarian Language for easy communication within the country.
- Many of the Universities in Hungary are fully open and available for International students. Hence, students can mix up with other cultures of other countries of the world.
- You can study in Hungary without IELTS or TOEFL.
- Work and study in Hungary is also possible but every student must remember that he/she has to learn the language first for easy communication.
- World Ranking for most Universities in Hungary are very high.