Chechen State University is one of the oldest and Higher Educational Institution in the city of Grozny. Chechen State University was established in 1938 as Teacher Training Institute by Chechen-Ingush Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic. On September 1, 1938 Teachers Training Institute was transformed into the Chechen-Ingush State Pedagogical Institute with a four-year training period. At that Institute had philological, historical, physical and mathematical faculties. In 1956 the Institute opened the Faculty of Physical Education, in 1958 opened the Faculty of Pedagogy and Methods of primary education, in 1960 opened the natural geography faculty, in 1962 the opened Faculty of Foreign Languages. In 1971 Institute was transformed into the Chechen-Ingush State University. In 1980 the University already had 8 faculties. In 1990 Chechen-Ingush State University opened the Medical Faculty. On 28 February 1995, the Chechen-Ingush State University was renamed into Chechen State University. In 1997 Chechen State University opened the Agro-technological faculty. In November 1997 in Urus-Martan opened Correspondence Department of the Chechen State University. On May 6, 2003, University was declared under the name of State Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education “Chechen State University”. Today Chechen State University has 72 departments and 13 faculties. Chechen State University has 814 teachers, including 55 doctors, professors, 236 candidates of sciences. Till Date, Chechen State University has trained almost 20000 students. Today Chechen State University has its own botanical garden, zoological museum, historical museum, a library with 5 service departments, subscriptions, and reading rooms, catering plant.
Contact Info & Location
07 February 1938 Chechen-Ingush Teaching Institute was established based on preparatory pedagogical courses with a two-year study period and subsequently, on 01 September 1938 it was reformed into the Chechen-Ingush State Pedagogical Institute (ChISPI) with a four-year study period. The Institute comprised three Faculties: Philology, History and Physics and Maths. A little later Natural Sciences and Geography Faculty joined them. The first cohort of new graduates was 79 people.
From the day of its foundation, our University remains the vital centre of social and political life of the Republic, a forge of academic experts who have excellent professional knowledge, organizational and fostering skills. With the establishment of ChISU in 1972, there were new faculties and departments opened, new study campuses and accommodation buildings built.
In the second half of the 80s of the last century such highly regarded specialities in the Republic as physical electronics, general medicine, law, drama, journalism, and microbiology were introduced as study subjects.
During the period from 1994 to 2000 two Chechen military campaigns resulted in a significant damage inflicted on the University. Academic and accommodation buildings were turned into ruins, the libraries, botanical garden, unique science labs, computational centre, and typography were all destroyed. However, upon resuming their work in April 2000 the collective of CheSU not only restored the pre-war level of its material assets but also achieved new milestones.
There has been created the Centre of shared use with well-equipped modern research facilities, “Technopark” is functioning. A brand new student campus on par with world standards is currently under construction. The total territory allocated for the construction is 100 hectares.
Special attention is paid to preparing human resources. Returning back home and working at the University are graduates of major German and British universities, who were sent there on the Government Grant Programme for professional training of young specialists abroad.
Presently 81 academic Departments at the University are providing complete supervision of the studying process. 1100 academic staff are serving at the University. The University structure comprises 10 Faculties and 3 Institutes, at which there are around 17,000 students receiving their education. There is also the Institute of Further Professional Education functioning.